Today we are talking with Courtney Carver. She’s the founder of bemorewithless.com and minimalist fashion challenge Project 333. Her new book Soulful Simplicity is available for pre-order and will be published December 26. We’ll be talking with Courtney about the power of simplicity in our mama lives, decluttering our closets and homes, and how to boycott busy.
Megan has read Courtney’s book and loves that it is so full of love, peace, and forgiveness. She’s read many decluttering books and books about simplifying your life, but this one stands out not for the “how” of simplifying our lives, but for the “why.”
There are decluttering tips in the book, but it’s much more about the how to deal with the emotional side of letting go, which can often be the hardest part. Clearing out our clutter and slowing down our schedules is much more about re-training your heart to know what it really needs rather than just saying no or filling a trash can.
Two of our favorite quotes from the interview:
“Why are we so aware of our phones and so unaware of our hearts?”
“You remind people about what’s important in their lives by honoring what’s important in yours.”
- Courtney’s MS diagnosis and everyone’s wake up call
- The need for momma’s to practice self-care
- Courtney’s “heart practice”
- Capsule wardrobes, Project 333 and the benefits of paring down your clothing
- Working together with your husband to simplify
- Having a “Simplicity Summit” with your spouse
- Boycotting busy
- Unrounded kids (not overscheduling your little ones)
- What it means to Sabbath
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Project 333
- Megan’s capsule wardrobe
- Thrive Global article about powerful women outfit repeating
- Soulful Simplicity pre-order goodies
Connect with Courtney:
Click here to get the show notes emailed to your inbox each week.
And, don’t forget to leave us a rating or review on iTunes. We throw a mini dance party every time we see one of those!
Can't remember that thing we said?
Subscribe to get show notes delivered to your email inbox each week.