After one too many legos in the foot, have you ever just wanted to toss all toys in the trash? You’re not alone.
Toys. No matter how intentional we are with what we choose to bring into the home, we can’t escape the reality of our kiddos desire for more. In this week’s episode, we’ll discuss how to minimize incoming toys and how to organize the toys you already own. While it may seem impossible to fully execute, we hope some of our tips will help you feel a little more organized and more prepared for the future.
How To Pare Down
- Choose quality over quantity.
- Make lists for family members at holidays/birthdays.
- Bring one in, toss one out.
- Avoid fads (if you can): Beanie Babies, Pokemon, etc.
- Is it a need or want? Analyze your reasoning for the purchase.
- Toy rotation.
- Regularly purge.
- Keep in the basement (organized) if you need for future children.
- Give to fellow family members
Links Discussed in This Episode:
- Book: Lessons From Madame Chic
- Article: Kids pretend they are stranded on a desert island and can only bring 5 toys
- Book: Simplicity Parenting
Or, text the word “MINIMALIST” to 444-999 to get an email notification every time we post a new episode.
Can't remember that thing we said?
Subscribe to get show notes delivered to your email inbox each week.