One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
This week we’ll be discussing some helpful approaches to selling unused household items. As we continue to pursue a more minimalist lifestyle, the clutter needs to go somewhere – out! It’s difficult to navigate the best options for the most profit (and time) but we hope to spark some ideas as you move forward in decluttering your own homes.
Where to Start/What to Sell:
- Basement/Attic clean-out
- Household appliances
Places to Sell:
- Facebook groups (utilize several of these groups)
- Craigslist (for bigger items)
- Ebay (for bigger items/antiques)
- Poshmark (for clothes)
- Amazon (books + media especially)
- Other ideas: Instagram (closet sales), Consignment shops, Garage sales
Keys to Selling:
- Know what you’re willing to accept. Price items higher than you’re willing to accept so that if people talk you down, you will still be within your original price point.
- List in more than one place (and repost if necessary.)
- Set a time limit that your item will stay online. This has helped with mental clarity for me (personally.)
- Be generous. Give back.
Links Discussed in This Episode:
Can't remember that thing we said?
Subscribe to get show notes delivered to your email inbox each week.