Whether you’re going on spring break or looking ahead to summer travel, we talk about how to travel with kids – the minimalist way. Megan leads the discussion on packing for small children with lessons gleaned from her last summer traveling 12 states and 3,000+ miles in a minivan with her family.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Starting with a minimal wardrobe
- Kids taking ownership of their stuff while traveling
- Plane travel with kids
- Car travel with kids
- Traveling with electronic devices
- Overpacking traps
Don’t pack with the “just in case” mentality. Pack with a “I can pick it up if I need it” mentality.
Links discussed in the episode:
Traveling Toiletry Cases
Document Boxes – for kid’s activity boxes in the car
Carry-on Luggage – suitcases kids won’t grow out of
- Kenneth Cole Reaction or Samsonite (tons of color choices)
- Steve Madden (fun patterns without being childish)
- Tommy Hilfiger (great for boys)
Can't remember that thing we said?
Subscribe to get show notes delivered to your email inbox each week.