Live like no one else, so you can live like no one else. -Dave Ramsey
In this episode, we discuss our approach towards becoming debt-free. We talk about what’s worked, what hasn’t and where we’re still struggling (will we ever arrive??) We give practical tips to encourage you to pursue a debt-free lifestyle.
Get Your Debt Under Control – Practical Tips:
- Cancel anything that is considered a ‘want’ instead of a ‘need’
- Get rid of cable. Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, family/friends
- Library (books + storytime + utilize free tutors)
- Running/Walking/Internet Videos for workouts (instead of gym)
- Coffee at home
- Focus on sale items at grocery store (coupon apps – don’t buy what you don’t need however)
- Grocery rewards for gas discounts
- Pack lunch (leftovers from dinner!)
- Sell, sell, sell.
- Avoid temptations – stay out of the mall/shops/Target
- Limit eating out (and when doing so, choose drinks or dinner – not both! Share entrees.)
- Find friends that you can trade services with…haircuts, handyman, photography, babysitting, pet-sitting.
- Give homemade gifts.
- Turn off the ‘Buy One Click’ method.
Links discussed in the episode:
- Book: Unstuffed by Ruth Soukup
- Dave Ramsey Baby Steps to Becoming Debt-Free
- Dave Ramsey Envelope System
- Dave Ramsey Debt Snowball Explained
Can't remember that thing we said?
Subscribe to get show notes delivered to your email inbox each week.