“Love people and use things because the opposite never works.”
In this episode, we discuss the recent documentary Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things. The Minimalists: Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus present us with a beautiful documentary but what steps do we take moving forward? How do I pursue minimalism that works for me?
Tips for Minimalism Newbies
- TURN IT OFF
- Consider your home. How much space are you utilizing? (They say we only use 40% – could you do to downsize?)
- What’s one small step you can take today? This month? This year? = PROGRESS
- Who can you share the minimalist movement with?
- Not gonna happen overnight
- Start with your own possessions
- Closet is usually most cluttered place in house
- Or, what’s cluttering your mind?
- “Not consuming is not about taking away. It’s about living deliberately”
- Won’t look the same for everyone.
- Minimalism is more of a mindset. Changes the values by which you make your decisions.
- It looks like small decisions made everyday:
- Downloading another app
- denying the receipt at the register
- using your reusable grocery bags
- buying another T-shirt
- Should I say yes to that volunteer opportunity
Links discussed in the episode:
Can't remember that thing we said?
Subscribe to get show notes delivered to your email inbox each week.