Instead of “What’s my goal?” ask “How do you want to spend your days?” And then work backward from there. – Amy Lynn Andrews
In this episode, we discuss how to approach goal setting in a minimalist manner. Is it possible? Do you have goals that you’ve set out to obtain this year?
The power of habit-setting:
- Successful people attribute progress to small actions that compound into great achievements.
- Most successful goals are tied to an existing habit.
- Will power is limited.
Parting tips for goal setting:
- Decide how you want to spend your days and work backward.
- Don’t set too many goals (one big “do” goal, several small habit-based goals)
- Focus on the journey, not the destination (tie goals to already established habits)
Links discussed in the episode:
- Some Minimalists are ANTI-goal setting
- The List App
- Book: Design Your Day by Claire Diaz Ortiz
- Book: Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
- New Testament in a Year plan
Also – Megan’s updated linen closet:
Can't remember that thing we said?
Subscribe to get show notes delivered to your email inbox each week.